Have you ever felt like you are not able to concentrate? It could be your work or it could be as simple as sitting in one place. You always feel distracted and restless. This all could affect your well-being, prosperity, and growth. Understandably, it is tough to maintain that calm composure in this competitive world. In this competitive world, you could lose your concentration and be diverted into more distracting aspects such as social media.
It is important to focus and to concentrate on your goals. This could be achieved by practicing yoga daily. Yoga is the best medicine when you are feeling that hopelessness in life. Practicing yoga daily will help you to attain flexibility and stability in life. Yoga is all about focusing on and maintaining the balance. Just like life. Yoga helps in getting that correct posture which is required to maintain concentration. Yoga is best for concentration.
You must be wondering which yoga is best for concentration. To make your life simpler below-listed are yoga asanas for improving concentration and memory power can be done by any age group.
Best 5 Yoga Asanas for Concentration and Memory Power
- Brahmari Pranayama: One of the most effective yoga asanas for concentration is Brahmari Pranayama. It is an easy yoga for concentration. Well, Pranayama – the breathing exercise is generally good for relaxing your mind. Brahmari pranayama is one of the breathing technique among others.
How to do it
Sit in a comfortable meditative posture and hold your index fingers on your tragus and breathe in and as you breathe out slowly produce a humming sound like a bee. The humming sound helps in calming your mind, connects with your soul. Hence, it helps in improving your concentration.
Yoga Tips for concentration: Practice this yoga for mind concentration 4-5 hours of having a meal.
- Tadasana: Tadasana is also known as Mountain pose or Samasthiti. It is a basic standing pose in yoga. It’s a nice way to start your day by stretching your body. One of the promising yoga for mind concentration.
How to do it
You need to stand still (make sure your back is straight) with your feet hip-width apart and arms by your side. As you inhale stand on your toes and stretch your arms over your head and exhale bringing your hands to your heart space in Anjali mudra.
Now you must be wondering, how could such a basic pose help us in improving our concentration, right? Well, it’s not easy to stand still and balance your weight on both legs. It requires stability.
Yoga Tips for concentration: You can practice by standing up against the wall.
- Natrajasana: All the classical dancers out there, you must be familiar with this pose. Natrajasana or Dance pose is for those people who like to take it up by a notch. It’s a powerful pose to build strength and flexibility. This is a good yoga asana for improving concentration.
How to do it
Stand still in Tadasana (make sure your weight is balanced on both legs). Find a non-moving object in front of you and gaze at that object for balance. Now shift your weight on your right leg and bend the left leg back. Grab your left foot with your left hand and stretch. Extend your right hand forward and balance this pose for few seconds. Please do not lean forward or bring your chest outward. It brings out that gracefulness to your body.
Yoga Tips for concentration – You can do this pose using a yoga/resistance strap for better flexibility.
- Vrikshasana: Have you seen how some trees stand tall and proud in any weather condition and some just collapse? Thus, by creating a lot of chaos. The same way you could lose your concentration and this could lead to creating problems in your life. To be stable in life, you should be concentrated. This is a good yoga asana for improving your concentration and memory power.
How to do it
Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and arms by your side. Now, gaze at an object to balance the pose. Shift your weight on to your right side and slowly bring your left leg on your right inner thigh. Place your hands in prayer position in front of your heart space or above your head. Maintain this position for a few seconds by standing tall and gazing at an object. Repeat the same on the other side.
Yoga Tips for concentration: You can close your eyes while doing the asana.
- Virabhadrasana III: Virabhadrasana III or the Warrior Pose III one of the best yoga for concentration and memory. As the name suggests warrior – a fighter who shows a lot of courage and determination and never loses focus on his/her goals. Life is full of surprises, which could be good or bad. Therefore, it is natural that we may lose concentration and also give up hope. But we have to be a fighter or a warrior who always concentrates on their goals.
How to do it
This yoga asana for concentration might be a little tough to do it in the beginning.
You could start from a high lunge by keeping your right leg forward and hands on your hips. Make sure you are gazing forward at an object to maintain your balance. Now, shift your weight on to your right leg and slowly lift your left leg off the ground and keep going forward, maintaining that gaze till your left leg straightens. Don’t forget to engage your core here.
Yoga Tips for concentration: You can bring your hands over your head in a prayer position.
Make sure to practice the above asanas after you wake up on an empty stomach for about 20-30 minutes daily. These yoga asanas not only will help in improving concentration and memory power but also will help in maintaining a good posture. Yoga is best not only for physical health but also for your mental health.