BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA: BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA Yoga is something that helps in relaxing the mind and body. it also helps in curing various kinds of diseases, pains, aches, and many more. Yoga is the best way to keep yourself fit. Practicing yoga daily helps in improving your health and keeping your mind and body I good condition.
One of the yoga poses that is mentioned here is Bhastrika Pranayama.
Bhastrika Pranayama Yoga is a breathing exercise. It is also referred to as bellows breath. It is also known to improve the balance of the body and mind.
Breathing as we all know is very important for us to survive. But what if I tell you that many people find difficulty in breathing? For all those who have breathing problems, this is the best yoga pose for you.
This BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA Yoga concentrates mainly on breathing. It helps you in taking that fresh air in. it also helps in cleaning our breath. At least once in our lifetime, we found it difficult to breathe. The reason for this is because of all the pollution in the atmosphere.
So, this BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA yoga pose is good for all of us. It involves deep inhalation and exhalation of air. Deep breathing helps in expanding the diaphragm which helps you to breathe comfortably.
This also helps in cleansing all the thoughts and relaxing the mind. This helps in calming yourself and helps in reducing the stress. This is one of the easiest yoga poses compared to any other asanas. This asana does not involve any of those complicated yoga poses. Bhastrika Pranayama can be done anywhere, but it is advisable to perform this yoga pose during the day. this helps in giving a kick start to your day.
STEPS INVOLVED WHILE PERFORMING BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA Yoga
STEP 1: The first step is to find a leveled ground that is comfortable. This is to ensure that while you perform this yoga you don’t end up hurting your lower back.
STEP 2: The next step is to sit down comfortably. Make sure that when you are sitting your back is straight and the shoulders are relaxed, and your neck is in a straight position.
STEP 3: The third step is to cross your legs. Make sure that your left feet are on your right thigh and your right feet is on the left thigh.
STEP 4: Then slowly raise your hands. Bring it above your ears and join your palms. Make sure that your hands are slightly bent creating an arch.
STEP 5: Here in this step you work with your nose, that is you are cleansing your breath in this step. So, first, inhale deeply in such a manner that your stomach goes completely in.
STEP 6: Now exhale deeply through your nose with all the force.
STEP 7: Continue doing this for 10 rounds.
STEP 8: After this continue with normal breaths for 2 to 3 rounds.
Step 9: In case you want to make it a little challenging you can also hold your breath for a good 4 to 5 seconds then exhale.
Continue doing this exercise regularly and you will notice a difference.
BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA BENEFITS:
- It helps in cleansing the breath.
- This yoga posture helps in boosting the nervous system.
- Since the process of breathing is involved it also helps in soothing the body.
- This pranayama helps in passing good oxygen all over the body.
- It also helps in cleansing the toxins present inside the body.
- It helps in providing energy to the whole body.
- It also helps in strengthening the body.
- This exercise is great for all those lung patients.
- It helps in the digestion process.
- This pranayama helps in calming the mind and body.
- It also helps in toning the abdomen as when you inhale deeply the whole abdomen gets involved.
- This yoga pose also helps in curing depression.
- This pranayama also helps in building positivity in ourselves.
- This yoga posture helps in curing or controlling any kind of respiratory problems as well.
- Pregnant women should avoid this exercise.
- Any individual suffering from blood pressure should avoid this yoga pose.
- This yoga pose should be avoided by any person who has hypertension.
- Any person having a panic disorder should avoid this yoga posture by any means.
- Any individual who has a recent surgery of knee should avoid this exercise.
- Any individual who had a recent operation should be careful while performing this yoga posture.
- Never perform this yoga posture when your stomach is full.
It is important for all the people who are mentioned above must avoid this yoga pose so that it does not harm the body by increasing the injuries or problems.
See also TADASANA, The Mountain Pose
There might be difficulty in performing this pranayama in the beginning. Don’t be disappointed there are alternatives mentioned below.
If you are finding it difficult to raise your feet and place it on the opposite thigh, then you can place them on the ground. now you are sitting in the normal cross-legged position.
To conclude, bhastrika pranayama is the best yoga and is also considered to be an important one as it involves breathing. This yogic posture has many benefits as well as there is no age restriction. This pranayama is good for everyone starting from small kids to senior citizens.
In this yoga, the whole body gets involved and hence why it is considered to be the best. The yoga helps in strengthening, calming also refreshing the mind and body.
Practicing this yoga regularly helps you to avoid stress and kind of tension. As we know stress and tension are the two poisons that are present in our body. they destroy our health as well as takes all the happiness and energy away from us.
It is good to practice yoga routinely as it leaves a positive effect on your body. it also helps in giving a boost to start your day. not only this yoga asana but any other asanas can be performed to maintain your health.
STAY HEALTHY STAY HAPPY!!
Read our article on Seated Forward Bend Pose.
You can follow us on Facebook – Whatisyoga Facebook