PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome causes enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges due to the hormonal disorder. The condition cannot be cured completely through treatment can help. PCOS can cause infertility.
- 1 Symptoms are:
- 2 Types of yoga
- 3 Ashtanga:
- 4 Bikram yoga:
- 5 Lyenger yoga:
- 6 Jivamukti yoga:
- 7 Kundalini yoga:
- 8 Ananda yoga:
- 9 Yoga poses for PCOS
- 10 1. Dhanurasana (bow pose):
- 11 2. Balasana (child pose):
- 12 3. Padmasana (lotus pose):
- 13 4. Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend):
- 14 5. Baddhakonasana (butterfly pose):
- 15 6. Naukasana (boat pose):
- 16 7. Malasana (garland pose)
- 17 8. Kapaalbhati
- 18 How is yoga better than intense exercise?
Women suffering from PCS can have an irregular menstrual cycle. Also, facial hair growth is much higher along with acne on various body parts such as face chest and upper back. Moreover, problems such as weight gain and hair loss occur.
Causes of PCOS can be a high level of androgens and a high level of insulin in women. Also, stress can also promote PCOS. It affects day to day life of a woman which causes abnormal functioning of the body. Losing weight in PCOS can cause improvement in the condition of women.
Most doctors recommend constraint exercise along with the low-calorie diet. To improve the condition, the doctor can recommend certain medications such as the combination of birth control pills and progestin therapy. It is advised to limit the intake of Carbohydrate and keep the body active. Also, yoga for PCOS and PCOD is recommended along with yoga for irregular periods and PCOS.
Yoga means to join which is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’. Yoga helps to connect your mind with your body whereas, the gym can be focused on strengthening the body and building muscle mass. Yoga can construct a optimistic scenarios around you.
Types of yoga
It is also known as power yoga and includes switching to different poses which causes body movements. Therefore, it is an aerobic type of work out.
It includes 26 poses which are carried out in 37 degree Celsius of temperature. The high amount of temperature helps in removing toxins from your body along with increasing flexibility.
In this yoga, the posters are maintained for a longer period of time. Though, the postures are the same as the ones included in Ashtanga Yoga.
Chanting and spiritual reading are the main focus of this yoga which intent to spirituality.
This yoga aims at the base of the spine including physical mental and spiritual discipline.
It constitutes a power control along with inside awareness.
The main aim of yoga is to purify mind, body and soul. It also helps in purifying your breathing.
In your hectic daily schedule, yoga is a way that prevents stress and helps your mind to slow down and improve breathing and heart rate of an individual.
Yoga poses for PCOS
The questions frequently asked question are; yoga for PCOS YouTube? Which yoga is best for POCS? Yoga for PCOS problem?
So, the answer is here, yoga asanas for PCOS, the best yoga asanas for PCOS patient are as follows:
1. Dhanurasana (bow pose):
It is the most effective way to mitigate cramps and stiffness and also vitalize the reproductive organs. Hence, benefit them for better function.
2. Balasana (child pose):
It aid pelvi bones. It is a counter asana which also means it has no direct effect on any organ. This asana helps the body to retrieve from stretched and extended state.
3. Padmasana (lotus pose):
It aims at the reproductive organ of the body. It controls cramps and when women practice it while having her menstrual cycle.
4. Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend):
It brings about the main obstacle of PCOS i.e., obesity and weight gain.
5. Baddhakonasana (butterfly pose):
It affects on inner thighs to control the function of ovary along with the menstrual cycle. This pose is very beneficial.
6. Naukasana (boat pose):
It affects organs located in abdominal activity along with abdominal muscles and also helps to rectify thyroid function.
7. Malasana (garland pose)
It helps in regulating mensus by opening up the hip and pelvic griddle.
It is a type of Pranayam which is considered as the best breathing exercise for weight management. It is an amazing exercise to control diabetes.
Here are the best yoga asanas for PCOS. These are the best yoga poses for PCOS problem.
If you are a beginner you need to be extra careful while performing yoga. To work up all the body organs yoga can be a very effective way along with its health benefits.
But if you are not a fan of exercise or moving around then there are some precaution you need to take while doing yoga for PCOS:
- The first and the foremost requirement to perform yoga is a yoga mat. In order to sit on the floor for doing sitting asanas a yoga mat is important. In case the mat is not available then any thick carpet or blanket can be used. Just make sure that it is non- slippery.
- For better flexibility wear stretchable yoga pants and other clothes as well. Because, if your clothes are not comfortable then you might face some problem while performing yoga.
- Do not start with intense asana. First of all you need to make your body accustomed to the type of pose and the further do it. But if your body is not allowing you to do an asana perfectly then do not push it over. You need to go slow otherwise there might be a possibility that you get muscle strain.
- In order to perform yoga in a calm way it is advised to play soft music instead of rock music. It will help psychologically and sentimentally.
- Avoid doing yoga after a meal or a diet. Empty stomach yoga is preferred as mostly asana creates as impact on stomach and belly area. As performing yoga after consuming something will lead to nausea or vomiting.
- It is eerily important to keep your body hydrated while performing yoga. It is advised to take two sips of water after performing each asana.
- In order to gain greater benefits you are required to stay away from any kind of digital device. If you want play music in your mobile phone then you can keep it on airplane mode and play it.
- The sequence for doing yoga is asanas, pranayam and then dhyan.
How is yoga better than intense exercise?
It is more important to stay mentally fit then gaining muscle mass. Intense exercise can help in losing weight which is required in PCOS but yoga can help losing weight along with coping up with stress levels. Specific yoga poses can heal the specific organs whereas; intense exercise might fail in fulfilling this demand. Yoga benefits for PCOS are way too greater than intense exercises.